Skip to main content

We've moved!

OK, so hear us out... we moved on the 8th March but we've been so busy we forgot to let you know what's occurring. Well, exciting things are happening over on our flashy new site that's, like, ten times better—we promise! 

I'll never forget what drove me to create this little blog at 15 in the hopes I could one day write for DIY or the NME, and my morals will always stay the same. 

Since we made the big move into professionalism, we've been backlogged with music submissions, over 100 applications to write for us, and an overwhelming amount of support I never expected in a million years. It's funny what life throws at you when you work incredibly hard. 

We have a  logo now; a team; almost 700 followers on Instagram; 4k unique visitors to the new website. Things that, if you had told me them 6 years ago, I'd have laughed at you. I didn't believe I could do these things and, yet, here I am doing them. Achieving everything 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 20 years old me would have never thought I could. But I can. 

I love music, and I love to share it with others. Nothing is better than hearing "oh, I found this band because of The Indie Scene". I'll always aim to give a voice to the people overlooked by the mainstream media, and I'll work tirelessly for no monetary gain to do just that. 

We have some exciting plans in the works so, trust me, you are going to want to be there for them. 

If you wish to "buy me a coffee", you can do so here. Any money you send will go towards covering the cost of The Indie Scene, plus any future endeavours.  

Thank you for coming along for the ride.

For the last time, Kamala. x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Punk Powerhouse YNES Releases EP 'Sit Down, Grow Up'

Kira Riess, better known as the powerful and eclectic YNES, released her four track EP today after rebranding just last year. If you're into the likes of Kate Nash, GIRLI or Lily Allen then look no further, you've found your next unapologetically honest artist in the form of Coventry-based YNES.  First up is the opener, 'Im(Mature)', which sets the bar for the rest of the EP and makes an unforgettable statement. ' I'm not good at art ,' she shouts over the enigmatic guitar, despite having designed her own prints and, well, being pretty darn good at art than she gives herself credit for.  If I had to choose, my favourite from the EP would be the much needed and incredibly poignant 'Pretty Sure', which tells the tale of being cheated on and, where some people would perhaps blame the 'other woman', YNES decided to rise above it and show where the blame should in fact lay. If you really are a big fan of GIRLI, then check out the remix that she le

Wolf Alice return with cathartic 'The Last Man On Earth'

The well-versed indie veterans, who have been earning their stripes for the best part of a decade, premiered their latest offering on Annie Mac's Radio 1 show. For Wolf Alice fans alike - or anybody who has missed them just as much - it's been a three year wait (we're not counting Ellie's feature on Mura Masa's Teenage Headache Dreams ) that has felt drastically long, no thanks to the current pandemic.  PHOTO: JORDAN HEMINGWAY To no surprise at all, Ellie Rowsell once again proves how astounding she is when it comes to writing in such an effortlessly confessional and intimate way; giving a glimpse into her diary per se. Not to mention the accompanying sublime sounds of strings and the backtracking of Joel and Ellie's vocals layered to sound like a choir, The Last Man On Earth is an endearingly beautiful and harmonic introduction to a new era for the London rockers.  As if today couldn't get any more exciting, the announcement of a third album, Blue Wee